Adminstrative Assistant needed at WBPC
Position available August 1, 2015
Western Boulevard Presbyterian Church
Position Description for Administrative Assistant
• High School diploma with strong people, computer, and organizational skills
• Knowledge of Word and Microsoft Publisher
• Knowledge of Automated Church Software (ACS) helpful – windows version – people and financial modules
Hours: 9AM-1PM Monday through Friday. 20 hours per week (schedule negotiable). Additional seasonal hours scheduled as needed to complete assigned tasks.
Accountability: The Church Pastor
1. Answer telephone and relay messages taken for the church staff. Produce reports, promotional materials, and correspondence as required. Respond to email requests from members, staff, and outside groups. Open and disburse mail to proper persons/committees. Respond to requests to assist and support the pastor. Attend staff meetings. Tend to building maintenance issues. Assist preschool with office needs.
2. Gather information, edit articles, and produce weekly bulletin, large print bulletins, announcement (Update) page, and special bulletins when needed for Sunday morning worship, special worship services, and funeral services. Produce Updates for afternoon worship. Send weekly email update to congregation. Email weekly Update page to afternoon worship leaders. Oversee volunteer preparation of children’s bulletin and activity sheet to home-bound members each week.
3. Gather information, edit articles, and produce monthly newsletter. Post newsletter to website. Prepare newsletter for mailing.
4. Interface with bookkeeper.
5. Maintain master church calendar of all meetings, events, staff vacations and study leaves. Schedule use of church facilities by the scouts, church members, and outside groups.
6. Be aware of office supply stock and anticipate needs, including paper and copier supplies, and order/purchase ahead of time. Schedule maintenance/repair of office equipment.
7. Maintain church database. Follow new member policies and procedures.
8. Oversee volunteer posting of weekly worship attendance from Friendship Pad sheets, maintaining visitor list, preparing letters to visitors, and tracking WNL reservations and prepare list and name tags.
9. Assist the Stewardship Committee with annual preparation of mailings and offering
envelopes for distribution. Oversee Time Talent input into computer.
10. Miscellaneous (things out of the ordinary that come up from time to time). Building issues, technical issues, special program and event support, etc.
Please submit inquires and resume to Phil Westerman, email@example.com or Betty Connette, firstname.lastname@example.org.