Biblical Justice Forum

"May we continue to learn so the barriers are removed and we can move from equity to 

We have spent 2017 studying issues of racial equity and white supremacy beginning with the book Waking up White and ending with Race, in a Post-Obama America and how the Church Responds, Microaggressions in the Church, and Democracy in Black. We have heard disturbing stories of racial discrimination, from lynchings to microaggressions. We white folks have been shielded based on untold history and complicity with status quo. Church folks are no exception.

To follow up on Sunday's discussion :

BJF quiz and DVDs on the social determinants of health ( remember that only 10% of healthcare/access addresses health—it’s the where you live, what you eat, where you play & pray that accounts for the other 90%) can be found at:

www.unnaturalcauses.org

And in answer to the number of N.C. children living at 200% of poverty the statistic is 46%/1,035,000 for 2016 (which is the CHIP threshold) while those at 100% of poverty (Medicaid threshold) the statistic is 25%/563,573 for 2013.
 

www.datacenter.kidscount.org/data


Let your opinion on redistricting and gerrymandering be known!

Last week, we talked about the redistricting and public comments. Your voice can still be heard! Click the link below to submit your comment.

http://www.ncleg.net/applications/rfc/Redistricting.aspx?id=23

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 - Join us next Sunday at 3:30 to continue our discussion