MISSION STATEMENT (our reason for being)
We live to share God’s love for ALL
VISION STATEMENT (result of successful attempt at mission)
A vibrant community church reflecting the Kingdom of God
MINISTRY PRIORITIES (goals for next 5-7 years)
Build relationships (within church and within community)
• Increase “Movie on Lawn” events
• Publicize WNL events in the community
• Better publicize & promote involvement in community garden
• Sponsor community yard sale for a local cause or neighborhood need
• Provide community-wide recreation events, game nights, etc.
Expand education (to better equip all ages to navigate thru a vastly changing world)
• Strengthen Christian education for all ages
• Offer classes for church & community on topics of interest – i.e. financial fitness, health & wellness, parenting, marriage enrichment, comparative religions, etc.
• Invite retired professors in neighborhood to teach community classes
• Seek to become a designated emergency shelter following natural disasters
• Offer community-wide grief counseling and support groups
• Maintain strong WIHN involvement (invite neighborhood to help)
• Better publicize Stephen Ministry for church & community (trained listeners)
• Develop outdoor prayer labyrinth
• Create space in church for prayer stations
• Preach & teach on prayer
• Promote better understanding of ourselves as stewards of God’s gifts (time, talents, financial resources, creation care, self-care)
• Continue to offer dynamic, life-giving worship services
By the grace of God, the love of Jesus Christ, and the power of the Holy Spirit, we strive to be Christ-like in upholding these biblically-based core values:
Welcome – we seek and embrace all people, celebrating our differences.
Community – we work, learn and grow together as a loving and caring Christian family.
Nurture – we encourage our children, youth and adults in the development of their faith and spiritual gifts.
Worship – we enjoy biblically grounded, Spirit-filled and meaningful worship that equips us for service to others.
Compassion – we give ourselves in mission and outreach to the world.
Evangelism – we proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ through our words and our actions, inviting all to join in our fellowship.
Reconciliation – we know that human nature divides, but Jesus Christ unites.
Gratitude – we recognize that all we have comes from God and we are compelled to respond with love and humility.
Justice – we work to change the structures of society that oppress others.